Humans use and incorporate artificial intelligence technologies in practically every work in the modern digital environment. In actuality, humans are unable to live comfortably without artificial intelligence. Thus, the significance of these cutting-edge technologies is rising quickly across all industries. AI supports businesses in enhancing their decision-making processes, business operations, technological operations, and strategic decision-making processes. Since AI offers a number of essential advantages that make it an excellent tool for virtual and modern firms, it has become a crucial tool for businesses.
The term “artificial intelligence” refers to a broad field that encompasses a variety of other techniques like machine learning, big data, etc., that can be applied in a number of important industries, including banking, healthcare, retail, finance, energy, defense, social media, manufacturing, and voice recognition. In fact, a wide range of crucial procedures has already benefited from the application of AI. Today, artificial intelligence (AI) is viewed as a game-changing technology that can carry out jobs much like humans but faster and with fewer errors. This is the rationale behind every company’s willingness to incorporate AI technologies into their operations in order to stay one step ahead of their rivals and successfully accomplish their corporate objectives. It results in a rise in demand for knowledgeable AI professionals that can guide their organizations to new and high levels of productivity. Therefore several websites are providing many artificial intelligence free courses that can help candidates land a career in this evolving domain.
This article will focus on some of the Types of Artificial intelligence technologies.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Basically, Artificial intelligence is known as a way of study in which computers can be made to copy the way humans think. In other technical words, It is the simulation of human intelligence processes by computer systems and machines. Artificial intelligence is a vast field that involves computer science and robust datasets to solve problems quickly. Advanced innovations in artificial intelligence use cases are expert systems, speech recognition, natural language processing, and machine vision.
Artificial intelligence is also known as a combination of science and engineering in making intelligent systems, computer programs, and machines. Simply it enables computers to understand human intelligence and mimic their actions. With AI tools and techniques, computers, machines, and robots can perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings. It also can be known as the ability to rationalize and take actions that have the best chance of achieving a specific goal.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ad79nYk2keg” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Generally, AI systems work by using a huge amount of labeled training data, analyzing the data for patterns and correlations, and further using these insights to make predictions about future states. It also enables computers and machines to mimic the problem-solving and decision-making capabilities of the human mind.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
Types of artificial intelligence are basically based on their functionalities. It can be categorized into four main types: Reactive Machines AI, Limited Memory AI, Theory Of Mind AI, and Self Aware AI.
Types of artificial intelligence can also be categorized according to capabilities – Narrow AI, General AI, and Super AI.
Based On Capabilities
- Narrow AI- Narrow or Weak AI is able to perform a dedicated task with intelligence. Narrow AI is the most common and available AI in the world of artificial intelligence, which can not perform tasks beyond its field as it is only trained for just specific tasks. That is why it is called weak AI and can fail in unpredictable ways if it goes beyond its limits. In this stage, systems/machines do not possess any thinking ability, and they can perform only pre-defined functions.
Examples- self-driving cars, speech recognition, image recognition, etc.
- General AI- It is also known as strong AI, which is the stage where machines will possess the ability to think and make decisions like humans and perform any intellectual tasks with efficiency like a human. General AI is aimed at designing such systems which could be smarter and think like a human on their own, but currently, there are no such systems exist that can come under general AI and can perform any task as perfectly as a human.
- Super AI- Beyond Narrow AI and General AI, Super Ai is the stage of Artificial Intelligence when the capability of computers will surpass human beings. It is commonly known as a hypothetical situation as depicted in science fiction books and movies where machines have taken over the world. It is an outcome of General AI, where machines can perform any task better than humans with cognitive properties.
Based On Functionality
- Reactive Machines- These machines are known as the most basic types of artificial intelligence, but they can not store past experiences and memories for future actions. It means they are active on the present data and respond only to the current situation. These machines are slow and can not form inferences from the data to evaluate their future actions. These machines can perform only a narrow range of pre-defined tasks. IBM’s Deep Blue system and Google’s AlphaGo are examples of reactive machines.
- Limited Memory- As the name suggests, Limited Memory can make improved and informed decisions by studying and learning past data from its memory. So these machines can store some data and past experiences for a short period of time. It has temporary or short-lived memory that can be used to store past experiences and hence evaluate future actions. Self-driving cars are one of the best and most advanced examples of Limited memory AI that use the data collected in the recent past to make immediate decisions.
- Theory Of Mind- It is the most advanced version of artificial intelligence, where machines are speculated to play a major role in psychology. These machines/ systems focus mainly on moral or emotional intelligence so that human beliefs and thoughts can be better comprehended. But these types of machines are not still developed. Several researchers are trying to make such types of machines that can be able to interact socially like humans.
- Self- Awareness- These types of AI machines are super intelligent and are considered the future of artificial intelligence. Self-aware AI machines will be smarter than the human mind and actually do not exist in reality still while it is a hypothetical concept. In this stage, doctorisout.com machines will have their own consciousness and become self-aware.
Do you want to explore the world of AI more? Take up an online AI course and learn the subject from scratch.